Where children grow and learn with Christian values.
St. John’s Hilltop, as a ministry of St. John’s Lutheran Church and in cooperation with the congregation and community families, strives to prepare its students for the academic, social and spiritual challenges they will face. We believe that each child was born a unique gift of God and that their needs should be met at his or her own level of development.
At St. John’s Hilltop, we believe that children learn best through play and real hands on experiences. We seek to create a caring, nurturing, positive and imaginative environment where relationships between children, families and staff are valued. We strive to encourage each child to inherit important “life skills” in the areas of social and emotional development, such as kindness, compassion, forgiveness and love, that will enhance and benefit their elementary school experience.
- To help the child become aware that they are a child of God.
- To meet each child at their own level and help them to grow at their own rate.
- To provide many opportunities for children to succeed every day.
- To partner with the parents in their child’s education.
- To provide a safe environment for children.
- To handle all discipline with love.
- To be a positive outreach of the church in the community.
- To maintain quality and high standards while growing in size.
- To help the child develop independence and simple responsibility.
- To implement a developmentally appropriate early childhood educational program